Matthew Aigbuhuenze Iduoriyekemwen, Chairman/CEO, Samatt Globe Limited was born on the 2nd of May 1966 in Benin City, Edo State. He had his education at Immaculate Conception College, Benin City, where he obtained his West Africa School Certificate (WASC) and General Certificate Examination (GCE) between 1979 and 1984.
He thereafter proceeded to the University of Benin, Benin City to study Zoology in the Faculty of Life Science and obtained a Second Class Honours degree in the same course; while in UNIBEN,
Hon. Matthew Aigbuhuenze Iduoriyekemwen functioned as President of the National Association of Zoology Students, UNIBEN Chapter between 1990 and 1991, during this period, he brought to bear his tactical and leadership acumen and created the department of Taxidermic Museum within the Zoology department. This unit (Taxidermic Museum) which waxes stronger today trains students and researchers on the skill and art of preparing, stuffing and presenting dead animal skin so that they appear lifelike; it is a very germane aspect of Zoological Science, and has made UNIBEN a force to reckon with in the study of Animal Science; big thanks to MAI.
In his quest for knowledge and the burning desire to emancipate the downtrodden and voiceless from the shackles of oppression, he made his way to Ambrose Alli University (AAU), Ekpoma to study Law, where he later acquired a Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B.) in 2006, which has undoubtedly strengthened his advocacy for the people and issues of State and Country and has made him a significant commentator on political, social, economic and sundry other issues. Between 1991 and 1992, Hon. Matthew Aigbuhuenze Iduoriyekemwen was off to Oyo State in response to the call for national service for the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC); during this period, he served in the underlisted committees-
1. Research Supervisor, Tuber Roots Improvement Programme of the Federal Government (TRIPFG)
2. Chairman, Akinyele Local Government Area Corpers’ Welfare Committee 1991-1992,
3. Chairman, Corpers’ Week Committee, 1992.
These herculean tasks prepared him for the challenges ahead. Because of his unconditional and endless love for the people, dedication, commitment and loyalty to service, Hon. Matthew, ‘‘Major’’ as popularly called by his compatriots attracted an unprecedented vote by his people of Ikpoba-Okha Local Government Area, to advocate for and represent them in the Edo State House of Assembly (EDHA) between May 29, 1999 and May 29, 2007, during which he served as Chairman, House Committee on State Security, and Majority Leader of the House, sponsoring several bills that were passed into law, and moving series of motions that were passed into resolutions; these further endeared him to his people. The records are there.
In recognition of his uncommon selfless service and result-oriented governance in the development of his immediate and external communities, State and Country, Hon. Matthew Iduoriyekemwen has received several awards and honours locally and internationally chief of which are:
1. Fellowship of the Nigerian Institute of Computer Science and Professionals, Benin City, 2003
2. United Nations (UN) Ambassador of Peace, 2006
3. Exemplary Community Leadership Award by the Benin National Congress, 2012
Towards strengthening his leadership acumen and abilities, Matthew Iduoriyekemwen has participated in several leadership programmes and seminars on the local and international front which includes but not limited to the following-
1. The Legislative Strengthening Programme for Nigeria (Workshop on Enhancing the Capacity of the Legislature and the Executive Branch of State Government), Benin City. Sponsored by the Mississippi Consortium for International Development, 2001
2. The Legislative Strengthening Programme for Nigeria (The Advanced Course on Setting New Standards for Excellence) Benin City, Sponsored by the Mississippi Consortium for International Development, USA, 2003
3. Capacity Building Workshop on Law Making for National Development, Berlin, Germany, 2004
Matthew Aigbuhuenze Iduoriyekemwen’s leadership and sterling qualities have made him a major player in the public sector. Other sectors where he has served and made indelible mark includes-
1. Edo State Representative on the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
2. Edo State Co-ordinator, Yar’dua/Jonathan Campaign Organization, 2005
3. Secretary, United Nigeria Peoples’ Party, Oredo Local Government Area, 1997-1998
4. Manager, Client Services, Hima & Hima Nigeria Ltd, Benin City, 1995-1997
5. International Institute of Tropical Agriculture IITA (1991-1992)
Matthew Aigbuhuenze Iduoriyekemwen is extremely committed to the overall development of his community; he is a respected grass-roots player and leader, a tactician, a youth development agent, a strategist and public commentator, and a social advocate who bears the burden of the people upon himself.
He remains a major force to reckon with in the overall politics and development of Edo State; a happy husband and father, and an enthusiastic lover of sports who derives great pleasure and is one to beat in the games of lawn tennis, table tennis, football ayo (ogiurise), draft, etc